Early Bird Registration ends July 20th!
This summer an impressive cross-section of innovative and passionate educators from around the world will be coming to Vancouver for the Sixth Annual Open Education Conference, *August 12-14th, at UBC’s downtown Robson Square campus*. If you have an interest in opening up your practice in terms of resources, pedagogy, or public outreach, this event represents an opportunity to learn with some of the most accomplished figures in the field in an informal and friendly environment.
Keynote speakers are Catherine Ngugi of OER Africa, Ken Freedman of WFMU and the Free Music Archive, and Dr. Fred Mulder of the Open Universiteit Nederland and his country’s National Initiative on Lifelong Learning.
The full three day program has been posted online at http://openedconference.org/program. Speakers include:
• Ahrash Bissell, Jane Park, & Alex Kozak, Lila Bailey: Creative Commons – ccLearn
• Lindsey Weeramuni, Brandon Muramatsu: MIT OpenCourseWare
• Joel Thierstein: Connexions
• Alan Levine: The New Media Consortium
• Bryan Alexander: NITLE
• Gardner Campbell: Baylor University
• Jim Groom: University of Mary Washington
• J. Philipp Schmidt: University of the Western Cape, Peer 2 Peer University
• Mara Hancock: Opencast, University of California, Berkeley
• Diego Leal: Ministry of Education – Republic of Colombia
• D’Arcy Norman: University of Calgary
• Jon Mott: Brigham Young University
• Sheila MacNeill: (JCIS CETIS)
• Leigh Blackall: Otago Polytechnic New Zealand
• Christopher J. Mackie: Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
• Jutta Treviranus: Adaptive Technology Resource Centre, University of Toronto
• Dave Cormier: Edactive Technologies
In addition, there will be a pre-conference full-day dialogue August 11th on the future of open education between Stephen Downes and David Wiley. And an intimate roundtable “Conversation on Policy: Access, Quality, and Credentialing” chaired by George Siemens and Rory McGreal.
To register for the Open Education Conference, please visit the conference website at http://openedconference.org/register.